Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Version 1.0 of the OER Handbook is now available. A print version will be available for purchase in the next few weeks.
During the development of this handbook valuable discussions have taken place regarding what it means to develop OER. Hopefully these conversations will inform future handbooks, tutorials and other introductory material. The contributors to the handbook have created a "Lessons Learned" page.
Special thanks to the following:
- Wayne Mackintosh for providing tireless technical support and advice about "the wiki way."
- David Wiley for thorough editing as well as project management advice.
- Kim Tucker for edits, suggestions and general feedback.
- Sunshine Connelly for her excellent graphics.
- Karen Fasimpaur for filling in important gaps.
- Philipp Schmidt for his OER Toolkit document, which provided a significant foundation for the handbook.
A very special thanks to the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation for their financial support.